Monday, January 16, 2006

Sharebuilder Bonus for Costco Members

I was looking through my mom's Costco coupon book this weekend (Oh, what a weekend...of cooking, cooking, and more cooking for my dad's house warming party.) I came across a bonus offer to open a new sharebuilder account for Costco members. Costco Executive members can get a $85 bonus while Gold Star & Business members can get the $65 bonus. One of the requirements is that you make a first transaction. The offer is not valid with individual retirement accounts or education savings accounts. It says that the bonuses will be deposited into the sharebuilder account within 4-6 weeks after the first transaction has been made. The catch is, of course, you have to be a current Costco member and open a new sharebuilder account with the first transaction made in the newly opened sharebuilder account prior to June 4, 2006.

Pretty good for current Costco members....too bad, I'm not one.

4 comments:

  1. They have extended it? Good deal! I mentioned it and followed through when I found out my wife was an Executive member. A couple of days after I signed up, they knocked the bonus back quite a bit. Good to see they have increased it again. Thanks for highlighting one of the benefits of being a Costco member which is easy to overlook--services with which you can get additional benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    I signed up for it as a Gold Star member back when the bonus was for $55. The deposit came in less than 4 weeks. Also as a member, they mentioned something about getting refunds for transaction fee for purchases, something like 25%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their $1.50 hot dog and drink combo, contact lenses, and cheaper cloathes ( although I wish they have changing rooms). I should stop mooching off my mom's costco membership benefits and get my own, lol. Get a percentage back on transaction fees is definitely a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tip! i'll have to look into that

    ReplyDelete